St Catherine’s Parish has an Evangelization Program
- Jesus Christ founded the Church to be a missionary community (Evangeli Nunciandi 14),
- The church is not just a building but the People of God, and the parish is the People of God in a defined territory.
- Chistian life should include every dimension of our lives.
- From here it follows that we have to go to all, bringing God to all.
The care of souls should always be infused with a missionary spirit so that it reaches out as it should to everyone living within the parish boundaries. If the pastor cannot contact certain groups of people, he should seek the assistance of others, even laymen who can assist him in the apostolate.
(Dominus Christus 30)
Responding to the call of the church given to us by pope Paul VI our parish wishes to form apostles and missionaries
The task of evangelizing all people constitutes the essential mission of the Church. Evangelizing is in fact the grace and vocation proper to the Church, her deepest identity. She exists in order to evangelize. (Evangeli Nunciandi 14)
A Plan of Mission and New Evangelization
- In Matthew 28:19-20 the Lord sends his apostles out to make disciples; baptizing them, and teaching them to fulfill everything that the Lord has commanded.
- In the same way this Parish is making this mission a priority task, announcing the Good News about Jesus’ Love and Salvation, and giving evangelization retreats.
- Already our first missions have begun. Visiting families, and inviting those we meet to open their hearts to Christ.
- This is how we will get to know our parish, and our neighbors, finding out about their situations, needs and problems, not only on a spiritual level but also on a human and social level.
Daily Christian Life and the Church
Evangelizing is the grace and vocation proper to the Church, she exists in order to evangelize, that is to say, in order to preach and teach, to be the channel of the gift of grace, to reconcile sinners with God, and to perpetuate Christ’s sacrifice in the Mass, which is the memorial of His death and glorious resurrection. (EN 14)
We want our parish to be a missionary community with the Eucharist at the center and summit.
All Called to be Active Members!
- In this parish we want all parishioners to receive the fullness of the Catholic faith
- We want to find new ways of living our Christian faith
- We need to accomplish this project together
- We ask no more than what the Church has asked since Vatican II.